Friday 15 January 2016

Crafty 2016!

Hello, and happy new year! Here's to a crafty 2016! I definitely have plans to get more painty and inky and messy this year, there's so many things I want to try, like some art journalling and canvasses. Now that my daughter's started nursery school part-time (yes, time has gone by that quickly!) I might get a few hours to myself in the daytime to do these things. Housework is my bottom priority in 2016, sorry to my husband!

So I've been mostly been making cards recently due to Christmas and my current ink/paint obsession, but also some scrapbooking. Another thing the new year does is makes me realise how far behind I am with that. I haven't scrapbooked any photos from the second half of last year, so I've just put in a massive Snapfish order. And here's a couple of pages I've done recently.

(June 2015)

(Christmas 2014)

For Christmas my lovely mum gave me a voucher to spend at Make the Day Special, or as it is now known, Seven Hill Crafts, newly reopened with a smart new website. Here's what I bought with it as soon as it reopened to get my 2016 creatively kick-started. I couldn't resist opening the Altenew flowers to have a go straight away, it's just a shame I now have to work all of this weekend! I just have to keep myself away from the internet as I now want to buy loads of ink colours to stamps flowers with.




Also for Christmas, I asked my husband for these Gansai Tambi watercolours and one of the Mama Elephant die sets (gotta love crafty Christmas presents!). The other I got from Seven Hills Crafts as I was lucky enough to win their November blog challenge, yay!



And finally for this massive blog post, a birthday card I made using the Gansai Tambi paints (and Avery Elle stamps / Lil Inker die). I have to say, I love working with these watercolours, possibly even more so than my Zig Clean Color Brush pens. I just love inks and paints at the moment, can't get enough of them!


Thanks for reading, see you here again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment