Monday 22 February 2016

Seven Hills Crafts February Challenge

A really interesting monthly challenge for February at Seven Hills Crafts, Fancy Folds - to use more than one fold on your card. This is definitely not something I do very often! After Googling a load of different card fold ideas that didn't jump out at me, I came across a shadow box card which I thought would be pretty effective with my amazing new-favourite Mama Elephant Space Bear stamps!


It was really tricky to photograph the finished card, but I've tried my best holding my daylight lamp with one hand and my phone in the other! Here's a slightly closer up view of the layers.


And one "just in case" to show that there is indeed more than one fold involved here!


The bears and planets are coloured with Promarkers and have Glossy Accents on them. The sentiments are heat embossed. And the background is blended with Distress Ink, with splatters of water and white paint. Here's a pretty similar background I made for a different card last week.


I actually haven't stopped using the Space Bears since they arrived last week, I absolutely love them! I was also pretty pleased with this card, also using a die from Mama Elephant Pizazz Pieces.


*This post dedicated to the awesomeness that is Space Bears!*

6 comments:

  1. This card is just wonderful, I adore your distressed starry background and the bears are oh so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Claire! The shadow box is fabulous - what a fab idea to use those gorgeous bears with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! This is such a fabulous card, love the creative space scene :) your night sky is fab too.
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month at Seven Hills Crafts.
    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I haven't seen one of those before. And it does go really well with the stamps. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How utterly gorgeous! Love how dark you card is and yet still bright & cheerful! Well done for rocking it, and thanks so much for playing along with Seven Hills Crafts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love these- and your card is no exception. Love the 'galaxy' background - an all round fab project!

    ReplyDelete